Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Bridegroom cometh...I'm gonna Myspace

My friend Justin Wilson once showed up on my frontlawn colporteuring. We had a nice conversation and before leaving he asked me a question.

"You want to hear some good news?" he said.

"What's that?" I said.

"Jesus is coming," he said.

And with that Justin smiled and headed to the next house. 

It's funny, I usually remember entire paragraphs of conversations from years ago. But that last exchange with Justin is the only thing I remember about our talk.

I can't tell you the number of frivolous conversations I start everyday...and meanwhile there are people who need to hear about Jesus.

I can't tell you how many frivoulous articles I read in the news...and meanwhile God's word (my Bible) is unopened in my backpack.

And here I am blogging...and Jesus is longing to return...

What am I doing to fulfill the Great Commission?

The Bridegroom is coming...dare I go Myspace?

7 comments:

Christy Joy said...

frivolity...

...vanity

...a common topic these days

Christy Joy said...

ha ha anh, not funny. i think i need to start preening again so that you can find a different name for me.

Anh Pham said...

Well...might this be an example of our talk yesterday about being too familiar?

Or do we need to put into practice Matthew 18:15?

Christy Joy said...

answer your phone

Anh Pham said...

leave a message

Anh Pham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anh Pham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.