Tuesday, November 17, 2009

This is Part 2 of Wrestling Match, read Part 1 here.

My mind is in a daze. Like being suddenly awakened from a dreamless slumber.

I try getting my bearings…

After a wasted morning spent playing on my computer instead of seeking God, my mind feels cloudy. Sitting across from me is a 55-year-old looking man. Silver hair and glasses balanced on the bridge of his nose. Before him is an open Bible and it almost feels like he can read me like an open book. In fact, he think he can.

“I’m Brother Dan,” he says. “I’m a prophet.”

Wow. What do you say to someone who introduces himself like that?

“Hi, I’m Anh,” I say, trying not to look rattled.

“Prophet is the best way I can describe myself,” Dan says, gesturing with open hands, palms toward the ceiling. “That’s what I am and I’m not ashamed of it.”

I look at my Bible student Donna and her face gives no inkling of what she thinks of Dan’s statement. Donna knows Dan from her neighborhood. He takes his dog for walks every morning. It just so happened that this morning they stopped and chatted about the Bible studies they’ve been having.

“Donna was telling me how much she enjoyed your Bible studies,” Dan said to me. “I just had to come and she invited me.”

Please God, I say silently, forgive me for not spending time with you, for not properly preparing. For Donna’s sake, give me the words you want spoken now.

“Let’s open our Bibles to the book of Mark,” I say. Dan smiles…or is it a smirk? It isn’t disarming. He quickly flips to Mark.

This isn’t going to be easy…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW TO GO TO HEAVEN?




You Are A Sinner.
"For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23


There Is A Price On Sin.
"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

"And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death." Revelation 20:14


Jesus Died To Pay For Your Sins.
"But God commendeth His love toward us in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8


Salvation Is Not Of Our Works. It Is Through Jesus Christ.
"But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness." Romans 4:5


God Wants To Save You If You Will Just Put Your Trust In Him.
"For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." Romans 10:13


If you understand these facts and want to go to Heaven, you can! Simply put your trust in Jesus Christ and ask Him to save you. If you need help with a prayer, I will include one in this post:

Dear Jesus,
I know that I am a sinner and deserve to go to Hell, but I believe you died for me and paid for all my sins. Please save me, Jesus, and take me to Heaven when I die. I am only trusting you for my salvation.

In Jesus' name,
Amen.

If you prayed that prayer and meant what you said, YOU ARE SAVED !!!


Please get into a good Independent, Fundamental Baptist Church and learn as much as you can about our wonderful Saviour.


If we never meet on earth, then we'll see you in Heaven. =)